Are you a victim of sexual assault?
You did nothing to cause the abuse. It doesn’t matter:
- What you were wearing
- What you were doing
- What you said
- If you were drinking
- If you are their friend or partner
Abuse can occur any time, without warning and there is nothing you could have done to stop it.
YOU CAN GET HELP!
What to do if you are a victim
- Get to a safe place and call 911.
- Seek medical attention, even if you think you are not injured. You may have injuries that you cannot see. Try to preserve evidence and save the clothes you were wearing.
- Report the incident to law enforcement. This can help you regain a sense of power and control.
- Seek counseling. Counseling can help with emotional and psychological aspects of your well-being.
Facts about sexual assault
- Every 2 minutes someone is raped.
- 2/3 of sexual assaults are committed by someone the victim knows.
- 1 in 6 women and 1 in 4 men will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime.
- 14% of married women have experienced rape or attempted rape by their husbands.
We are here to help! Call The Center for Violence Prevention today and let US help YOU! 1-800-266-4198 or 601-932-4198
Our services include-
- 24 hour crisis and support hotline
- 24 hour hospital advocacy by trained staff/volunteers
- Legal advocacy
Our support services include-
- Individual counseling
- Help obtaining protection orders
- Referrals for services
- Trained volunteers for advocacy
- Trained staff in dealing with trauma
- Prevention education for the community